Thursday, October 6, 2011

Top Down Exercise

MLB.com

Top Down Exercise:

I am visual communications, so when I see the front page of major websites it has always interested me why the have designed it a certain way. The scan path I have shown on this web lay out from the front page of MLB.com is the first eye movements my eyes made. There are goal directed eye movements through out this page, starting at the top center box where the top news stories are shown with a picture to entice the viewer. I had a short fixation on this picture then read the headline and made it over to the top scores of the day, continued with short fixations around the screen towards the worded top stories, to finally the brighter colored ads on the lower right, and back to the picture with a story to fixate my vision and thoroughly read what it had to say. Which is why I first went to this site to read the top news stories in the world of baseball. The web page has moved my eyes around to the more important information quickly and effortlessly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment